Liverpool news: £70million deal still on as agreement finally reached on transfer

0
Liverpool's transfer business is heating up with the September 1 deadline creeping closer

Liverpool could be making way for new arrivals with less than two weeks to go until the summer transfer window slams shut. The Premier League giants kick off their 2026/27 season against Newcastle United on Sunday.

Andoni Iraola's first starting line-up as Liverpool boss in the league won't look too dissimilar to Arne Slot's squad, given the Spaniard has only brought in Victor Munoz and Ronald Araujo this summer.

However, some turnover could be achieved in the final weeks of the window after a £70million deal is reportedly poised to be active. Meanwhile, an agreement on another transfer is said to have been reached. Mirror Football takes a look at the latest transfer stories coming out of Anfield...

Gakpo to Spurs still on

Cody Gakpo has been linked with a move to Tottenham for much of the summer. However, a deal to sell the Dutchman is said to be a non-starter unless the Reds can acquire two forwards.

Some reports have placed Gakpo's valuation at £70million with Spurs boss Roberto De Zerbi keen to improve his left-wing options with the 27-year-old's arrival. Despite recent reports doubting whether such a move could be completed late in the window, Fabrizio Romano has insisted that the potential deal is very realistic.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Romano claimed that Spurs remain in negotiations for the winger and that agreeing personal terms wouldn't be an issue, as Gakpo is open to the switch.

Jones agreement reached

Curtis Jones' 16-year association with Liverpool looks to be coming to an end, according to Romano. He reported that the Reds have agreed a £30m (€35m) fee with Inter Milan for the midfielder.

Personal terms have reportedly already been agreed between Jones and the Serie A champions, with the medical set to be planned. Links between the player and club first emerged on deadline day in January earlier this year.

Inter reignited their interest in the 25-year-old this summer, but had previously failed to agree on a fee with Liverpool. The Italian giants had two bids rejected for the England star, the most recent being a £21.7m offer in June.

If Jones ends up leaving Merseyside, he'd do so having made 228 appearances for the Reds, scoring 22 goals and assisting 25 goals. He's won six major honours at the club, including two Premier League titles.

Click here to read article

Related Articles