A football club in Sydney’s south-west has expressed outrage after its pitch was torn up by a ute for the second time in as many months.Bankstown Sports Stars FC is desperate for answers after Nick Kearns Oval was ripped apart by a ute that trespassed onto the grounds before performing several burnouts in the centre of the pitch.Advertisement“What a pathetic excuse for a human being you must be,” the club said in a passionate social media post.“You couldn’t prove yourself on the actual field, so you had to come back in the darkness of the night, when nobody was around, and pick on an EMPTY soccer pitch just so you could feel powerful for five minutes.“You needed an empty field and a vehicle to make yourself feel like somebody.“Did you feel like a big man sitting behind the wheel, tearing up a field used by CHILDREN?“You look like a coward who couldn’t perform where it actually mattered, so you waited until the field was empty and tried to feel important by destroying it.”Footage posted by the club shows a ute driving across the parking lot at about 8.30pm on Sunday, making a beeline for the grounds where it performed several skids before returning to the road and tearing off.The Bankstown-based team told nine.com.au it was the second time the turf had been damaged in a number of weeks, and they have been left scrambling trying to find a spot for finals-bound teams to train.AdvertisementImages from the first incident, also posted by the club, on July 3 showed a blue ute ripping burnouts in broad daylight the day before, leaving a trail of damage in its wake.The club crowned the two individuals in the ute with the title of “most embarrassing performance off the field” before adding that police have the details of the alleged passenger and driver.“Whatever possessed you to drive onto a community football field and do wheelies says far more about your character than it does about our club.AdvertisementAdvertisement“What was it? Couldn’t handle losing? Thought vandalising a community ground would somehow make you feel like winners?” they said in the post.The club is now appealing for answers as the driver behind Sunday night’s burnout spree remains at large.
Click here to read article